Sunday, June 6, 2010

Very End Of Day 1, Biddeford Pool

The Biddeford Pool Yacht Club manager was kind enough to motor out to greet us, make sure we were all set, then offer us a ride  to shore.  It was nice to get our legs on the firm ground after 9 hours of up and down.  Captain had wanted to show me the yacht club anyway.  It was beautiful.  There is a quaint little store, a take out place and lots of nice seating on the water.  There is a beach, although we didn't head over there.  Honestly, we were dead tired.  We got our ride back to Sea Mist within a quick hour. 


(This is looking back towards how we came into Biddeford Pool, note the narrow navigation).

(Biddeford Pool.  Sunset and dinner in the cockpit.  See, I'm just fine)!

Captain mixed up some cocktails and I dug out the makings for an easy dinner.  Cheese, crackers, some local pepperoni (delicious) that I bought at the Farmers Market, olives, you know basic stuff.  Another boat slid in at the mooring next to us just before dusk.  Beautiful.  
(Our only neighbors in Biddeford Pool).

Captain and I were soo very tired. Bedtime loomed.  It was 8:30 and we were in bed and it was still light out!  I reached over and placed my hand on Captains back, just to see if he was still alive!  Not a single snore was coming from him, he was fast asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment