Sunday, June 13, 2010

Organizing & Cleaning

More cleaning and organizing on board Sea Mist.  I think we have finally got it all squared away.  I have put bins and baskets in the Aft berth to hold all sorts of extra "stuff".  We manage to have alot of that.  Extra foul weather gear, several rolls of paper towels, extra kitchen supplies, some packaged foods (chips, crackers, tuna), beach towels, first aid kit, paper goods etc..  I still need to find some plates and bowls to eat off of.  I would like to get some real plates and not always eat off of paper.  While paper is convenient and easy, I don't like throwing soo much stuff away.  I can wash dishes on board, so I should.  I also don't want to get the plastic outdoor decorative plates.  I'm concerned that after a few passes with a serrated steak knife, they are just going to be gouged up. 

Captain spent time cleaning out and organizing the port lazarette.  Life jackets, throwable cushions and other important supplies are in there.  He installed our CD player.  And the biggest thing (I think) is he removed one of the hatches and took off all the old cracked seal and put a new seal on.  We have some water that came into the boat after the last couple of hard rains and he suspects that it was coming in through this hatch with an old, poor seal. 

THEN finally (!) we took a break.  Cocktails were in order along with a Van Halen CD.  Captain fired up the gas grill and we enjoyed the sunset.  


There's Captain down below mixing up drinks.

Captain surprised me and bought me this cute pink tank top!  It is from one of our favorite boating magazines, Lattitudes and Attitudes.  http://www.seafaring.com/


I was hoping to use my super awesome new boat oven, and Captain worked really hard to figure out how to get it to work.  We couldn't get it lit.  To his credit, he even read the manual!  This is rare!  He usually just jumps right in to tries to figure stuff out.  At last he figured out, we were simply out of gas!  An easy fix. But tonights dinner would be improvised. 


Fortunately I brought a cast iron skillet to saute veggies.  I was planning on pizza.  So, I just cooked the veggies in the skillet first on the gas grill and then took them out.  Then sprayed the pan good with cooking spray and stretched the pizza dough and dropped it right in.  I cooked it on both sides first then added sauce and toppings. The only down side was I couldn't create high oven heat to super melt the cheese on top.   But the pizza was delicious! 


See ya next weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment