Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sailing around Bustin's Island

A beautiful weekend was in store for us!  Warm weather had come back around and the wind and waves were in our favor.  Unbelievable good fortune was upon us, it was the 3rd weekend of September for goodness sakes !   We headed down to the boat as fast as we could after I got home from the Farmers Market.  I sell my soaps (http://www.cascobaysoap.com/) at the market every Friday night.  The market time has been adjusted and we end at 6:00 now, not the 7:00.  This allows me to rush home, change my clothes and jump in the car with Captain.  He has already packed us all up and we race down to the harbor (only a 8 minute drive).  I had previously packed my stuff, the food for the weekend and made a few things (like fresh farmer market salsa).  Since we would be arriving a bit late, and the sun was going down quick, we choose an easy meal.  Salsa and chip to go with our Friday night cocktails. 

Up Early on Saturday and out for a wonderful sail.  We sailed over by Bustin's Island.  Here is more information: http://bustinsislandcommunity.com/Info/AboutUs/tabid/60/Default.aspx  What a fantastic sail it was!  I took a bunch of pcitues of the island homes, all which look very similar. 






Bustin's Island also has the adorable and squat lighthouse.


We also found may other sailboats out enjoying the beautiful weather.




Okay, they weren't sailing, but we still liked the boat, moored outside Bustin's Island.

And then...


Captain spotted something!


Harbor seals basking in the sun!

I went in for a closer look....



No comments:

Post a Comment