Sunday, September 26, 2010

No sailing, hurricane EARL came to the East Coast

I haven't blogged in a few weeks.  But here I go to fill you in...

We had hurricane EARL come through and stir up the ocean a bit.  Enough for small craft advisor and all that good stuff.  The winds were wicked.  We headed to our local state park beach and watched the waves.  As always, the ocean provides a sort of hypnotic effect.  These waves were pretty impressive too.






You can see that the wind is whipping, just look at my hair!

Captain and I did head out to the boat, and we did stay on board overnight.  Protect from the wind by our Bimini we enjoyed the sun and some light snacking while leafing through our favorite magazines.  Sleeping on board that night wasn't too bad.  A bit rocky and unless I was wedged up against Captain, I couldn't sleep
on my side. 


Crazy picture of me!  My hair was just wind whipped from being outside.  Captain has his back turned as he is mixing up the drinks!

But as always, we had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment