Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Few Shots Of The Interior


Here I am in the galley preparing Crab Cakes in my new oven!  Behind me are the stairs from the cockpit, so you step right into the galley first.  I have a 2 bay sink here that I am working over.  To my left is counter space, but also the ice chest.  That cabinet there has 2 shelves in it and keep the plates for eating,  bowls for mixing, spices and coffee.  Behind me, to my left, is my oven!  There is a top that fits on the oven/stove top so I have extra counter space.  Right now there is a Tupperware container on the stove top.  And also over the oven/stove is a window with a view, the best view always, the ocean!


And then, as I look over the sink, into the Salon, or living room.  Captain made this table top.  The table that came with the boat was very large, we didn't need that much space as so often we eat in the cockpit upstairs and outside.  But this is perfect for scrabble and a game of cards and some cocktails on a cool night.  Yes, that is a TV.  We installed that to watch movies and catch the news.  Which, interestingly enough, we get about 5 or 6 channels just using rabbit ears.  A long "couch" on the right is great for taking a nap, or sometimes if Captain gets up before me, he just hangs out here and reads so as not to disturb me and let me sleep a bit later.  Storage above the "couch" on the left and right areas allow for sailing books/manuals, extra stuff like pictures, a throw blanket etc.  straight ahead you will see a bit of the V-berth, where we sleep.  There is a closing door, a closet to hang items and you can see drawers under the V-berth.  Yes, we both sleep in there, it's cozy!  It's only 14" wide at our feet, sometimes I find it a bit tight, but Captain just moves over if I ask him.  He's very sweet to me. 


The Navigation Station.  This is to the right of the Galley and before the long couch.  Has all our switches, keeps our charts neat and holds the CD player.    That door to the right, the Head (bathroom).  We didn't take a photo of that, I mean, is it really that exciting? 


Here is a view from the V-berth back toward the Galley.  I'm still in there, whipping up dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment